High School Curriculum
Connections Academy’s comprehensive online high school program* is a challenging, standards-based alternative to a brick-and-mortar school curriculum or a high school homeschool curriculum. We offer a wide variety of free online high school courses that provide a solid foundation for whatever path our graduates choose: attending college or starting a career. We combine the latest advancements in online instruction with the best curriculum resources.
Online High School Courses
- Core and Elective Courses: Our inclusive set of core courses cover subjects in math, science, language arts, and social studies. We also offer many elective courses in areas such as foreign languages, digital technology, journalism, and art history.
- Honors and AP Courses: Our Honors/AP courses are particularly beneficial for college-bound students, or any ambitious student who wishes to demonstrate mastery in a specific subject area.
- College Courses: Students in certain states may be able to take college courses while still in high school, simultaneously earning high school and college credit.
- NCAA Approved Courses: Many Connections Academy core high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
Support and Guidance
Connections Academy virtual high school students work collaboratively with their counselors and Learning Coaches to develop a personal learning plan for academic progress and post-secondary planning.
Every core subject is taught by highly qualified and certified teachers with expertise in their relevant content areas.
Student exchange and interaction is a critical part of the overall instructional process. While most of the instruction is asynchronous (supporting anytime/anywhere learning), students also participate in a live online virtual classroom environment through LiveLesson® technology. Homework assignments are received and turned in online, and students can track their progress through a secure online assessment environment.
Preparing for Graduation and Beyond
To make sure that our graduating class of seniors is well-prepared for the transition out of virtual high school, Connections Academy provides:
- Access to a full-time, certified school counselor
- Assistance creating a four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Guidance in finding appropriate college or career opportunities
- College application process LiveLesson online workshops, including information on local colleges/universities
- Financial aid and scholarship LiveLesson online workshops
- Free access to college admissions test preparation online courses and information about test dates, locations, etc.
- Official transcripts
- Additional extracurricular activities such as Student Advisory Counsel and Debate Club
Connections Academy provides in-depth support to ensure students understand the Connections Academy graduation requirements and are well-prepared for life beyond high school.
*The Connections Academy online high school program is not available in all states.
Outstanding High School Program
Our Online High School students are thriving!
See the difference this made for Ashley Argota, Nickelodeon star and Connections Academy graduate.
› Watch Now!